Slabmedia Hosting Service Payment Policy Update
Good day from Slabmedia Headquarters! We hope you are having a great Fall.
We're writing today to provide advanced notice of some very important changes we're making to our payment terms on January 1, 2020. We are confident these changes will help to keep your account with us up to date and enable us to continue to provide to you what we strive for: fantastic, personal service.
Please review the following information carefully and please do contact us if you have any questions or need to make any changes to your billing account. If you are unsure if your account is past due, please contact us immediately at email@example.com to avoid suspension or termination of your service.
1) We are phasing out PayPal as a method of payment on 12/31/19.
We can no longer accept payment by PayPal. If you are currently paying your hosting fees with PayPal, please arrange to make your payment by credit card or check before 1/1/20 by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
2) We are limiting monthly payments made by check to accounts on our Stone Slab (basic service) plan or above as of 12/31/19. For Stone Slab or above account levels, if your account is not kept current by check, we will require you to switch to recurring credit card payment.
If you are on our Legacy Plan and are paying monthly by check, you will please need to make arrangements to pay by credit card (monthly or annually) or by check (annually). We can no longer accept monthly checks from our Legacy Plan customers. If you are on a Stone Slab plan or above and your account is not kept current by check, we will require that you switch to recurring payment by credit card. If you are paying by check, we recommend you send us checks automatically via your banking software to ensure your account is paid in full for the following month of service. Web hosting is paid in advance; please ensure your payment for the following month's service is received by the due date, or your account will be considered past due and ineligible for phone or email support. If your account is more than 1 month or 2 months past due, your account will be subject to suspension or termination (please see below).
3) Please keep your contact information, particuarly your best email address, updated with us.
It is your responsibility to keep your billing email address current. If your billing email address is outdated, we will not be able to reach you with invoicing and other critical account notifications and information. For users with multiple email addresses, it is your responsibility to indicate which address is appropriate for billing.
4) Your payment for hosting services is due in advance.
Our hosting service is paid in advance, as is most service of this type industry-wide. Your payment must be received by the due date on your invoice or it will be considered past due and subject to limitations on support requests, suspension, or termination under this policy. If your invoices currently reflect Payment Terms of Net 30, they will be changed to apprioriately reflect this policy.
5) As of January 1st, 2020, we will take down websites and/or discontinue email services (for clients whose sites and email accounts are hosted on our servers) for all accounts which are 2 months past due. We reserve the right to remove all client data from our servers completely after accounts are 3 months past due. This is standard industry practice.
After 1 month of non-payment, we will disable the content editing features of your site. After 2 months of non-payment, we will send a notice of take-down (on the site removal date) to the email address we have on file for your account and remove your site from the internet and/or discontinue email service on your account. The account must be paid in full, including any outstanding balance on your account, before service is reactivated. If paying by check, the check must be received, deposited, and clear our account before we reactivate the site/email.
6) We reserve the right to terminate our service for any account holder whose account is past due twice in any two-year period.
As hosting is paid in advance, this means your payment must be received by the due date on your invoice in order to be considered current. We encourage all our users to sign up for monthly or annual recurring payments by credit card at our secure payment portal here: https://slabmedia.com/payments in order to keep your account current.
7) We will not provide phone or email support for websites or email accounts for customers with past due balances. Your account must be paid through the current month to receive phone or email support.
Our answering any support request is contingent upon your account being up to date, through the current month. We will not make site changes, perform email configuration, or troubleshoot any account-related issue until we have received payment in full for your service. If paying by check, the check must be received, deposited, and clear our account before we provide the requested support. As always, we reserve the right, within our discretion, to make system changes to your site and email as required for proper system function, security, maintenence, and updates.
In light of these changes, we encourage all our customers to confirm recurring credit card payments and if necessary arrange for future payment at the following secure url: https://slabmedia.com/payments, and to confirm that you are receiving invoices. If you have not been receiving invoices, please update your billing email address with us immedately by emailing us at email@example.com.
Continued use of our services constitutes your acceptance of this policy and the complete Terms of Service available at the following url: https://slabmedia.com/about/slabmedia-terms-of-service-agreement/.
If you have not made payment arrangements consistent with this policy and your account remains past due through 1/1/20, we will take down your site and/or discontinue your email service as of 2/28/20 unless payment arrangements are made in the meantime.
We appreciate your continued business, and implementation of this policy will ensure we are able to provide you with the personal service we're so proud to be able to offer. Thank you.
- Ideas for our musician clients during this national COVID19 emergency
- Happy Holidays from Slabmedia
- Slabmedia Hosting Service Payment Policy Update
- Slabmedia Newsletter Summer 2019
- Changes in invoicing and billing for 2019
- All site migration to https
- Spring 2018 Slabmedia Newsletter
- Fall 2017 Newsletter from Slabmedia
- Summer Solstice greetings to all of our Slabmedia clients!
- Though the weather outside is balmy...
- Fall Newsletter from Slabmedia